To program a new or replacement headset follow the instructions below, or view video instructions here.
1. Start with ALL system equipment OFF and all batteries removed.
2. Open the compartment located on the bottom of the Com-Center. You will need a small phillips-head screwdriver.
3. Behind this cover are BUTTONS labeled #1-8. These numbers correspond to the numbers located on the inside of each headset headband (microphone side).
4. Insert the Com-Center battery and turn the unit ON. The LEDs in the compartment will briefly flash red.
5. The BUTTON that is to be linked to the new/replacement headset must be “cleared” before it is able to accept the new headset. This is done by holding down the button on the Com-Center which corresponds to the number of the new headset. When the red LED turns on, release the button. Press the button again until the red LED turns off.
*Note: When clearing a position, the corresponding headset number will also be cleared. For example:
The #1 on the Com-Center will clear both the #1 and the #2 positions.
The #3 on the Com-Center will clear both the #3 and the #4 positions.
The #5 on the Com-Center will clear both the #5 and the #6 positions.
The #7 on the Com-Center will clear both the #7 and the #8 positions.
You can easily re-program an existing headset if it happens to be located in that cleared corresponding number. You can do this at the end of step 7, below.
6. Insert a battery into the headset to be programmed. The blue power LED will begin blinking. Click the Volume DOWN 3 times, then press and HOLD the Volume UP button.
The blue LED will turn solid. While continuing to HOLD this Volume UP button, now also press and hold the corresponding BUTTON in the Com-Center until its red LED turns on. Once both the blue and red LEDs are solid, you may release both buttons.
7. The LEDs will now remain solid for 2 – 30 seconds. Finally, the LEDs on the headset and Com-Center will both turn off and then come back on. The programming is now complete. Turn off all headsets before programming another.
*If further assistance is required, please contact us at 1-800-399-5994, 9 – 5 Mon through Fri.